This introductory level course will greatly enhance your understanding of UK reptiles including ID, distribution, ecology and surveys. The course is especially relevant to consultancy as a huge proportion of consultancy work during the summer months involves reptile surveying and translocation projects. It is also suitable for anyone interested in finding our more about reptiles.
During this online course you will:
- Learn to identify UK reptile species including some non-native naturalised species.
- Learn about their ecology, distribution and the legislation relating to reptiles.
- Learn best practice in handling of reptiles.
- Learn how to identify reptiles from their shed skins.
- Learn about surveying and mitigation strategies.
The course is delivered by our Principal Ecologist and Senior Tutor Sue Searle BSc PGDip MCIEEM on video and comprises a ‘classroom’ theory session and videos on reptile surveying and handling. At the end there will be a short quiz and if you get over 70% you will receive a Certificate.
Playing time: 1 hour 50 mins
Study time: 4-5 hours to allow for breaks and taking notes.
“Very good course. I have learned some important things about surveying techniques. Thank you”
“Another excellent (value-for-money) course, which gave me a better understanding of reptiles and the methodologies used in their survey”
Booking for another person?
If you are purchasing a course/s on behalf of another person, please follow these steps to ensure they can access their course/s:
- Create a student account using the student’s (whoever will be taking the course) details and contact information or use their existing student account.
- Including the correct billing address and information for the payment method that was used.
- Leave us a note in the ‘additional information’ box to let us know it was purchased with another person’s debit/credit card.
- Make sure to pass on the Username and Password to the student so they can get started on learning. All their course materials will be available on their account.
Booking for multiple people?
If you are purchasing courses on behalf of multiple other people, follow these steps to ensure they can access their course/s:
- Create a student account under your own details and add the correct number of courses for all the students you are purchasing for. (Example: If three people need to take Mammal ID, add it to basket three times).
- Ask each student (person who you have purchased the course for) to create their own student account on our website with their own details.
- Once purchased, contact us directly to let us know the Names, student account Usernames and Email Addresses for each student you have bought for.
- We will contact each of them directly with directions on how to purchase the course free of charge once it has been paid for already.
If you have any problems with this process, please get in touch – [email protected] or 03301653024