This training course is an introduction to the mandatory requirement for Biodiversity Net Gain being introduced under the Environment Act 2021. It is for early career ecologists and provides foundational knowledge of Biodiversity Net Gain (BNG). The course also sets out the skills and competencies of BNG practitioners to help those seeking a career in BNG to identify their next-level training and skill development.
- Overview of legislation and policy requirements
- Examples of their application in practice
- Key elements of Defra’s Biodiversity Metric
- BNG designs for habitat creation and enhancement
- Case study examples
- Skills and competencies of BNG practitioners at various stages
- Highlight opportunities for BNG skill development
Two morning webinar sessions on the 17th-18th October 2023, from 9:30am-12:30pm.
You will be given reading materials prior to the course date. Please read before attending the course.
Booking for another person?
If you are purchasing a course/s on behalf of another person, please follow these steps to ensure they can access their course/s:
- Create a student account using the student’s (whoever will be taking the course) details and contact information or use their existing student account.
- Including the correct billing address and information for the payment method that was used.
- Leave us a note in the ‘additional information’ box to let us know it was purchased with another person’s debit/credit card.
- Make sure to pass on the Username and Password to the student so they can get started on learning. All their course materials will be available on their account.
Booking for multiple people?
If you are purchasing courses on behalf of multiple other people, follow these steps to ensure they can access their course/s:
- Create a student account under your own details and add the correct number of courses for all the students you are purchasing for. (Example: If three people need to take Mammal ID, add it to basket three times).
- Ask each student (person who you have purchased the course for) to create their own student account on our website with their own details.
- Once purchased, contact us directly to let us know the Names, student account Usernames and Email Addresses for each student you have bought for.
- We will contact each of them directly with directions on how to purchase the course free of charge once it has been paid for already.
If you have any problems with this process, please get in touch – [email protected] or 03301653024