Fungi are the most diverse organisms on Earth and contribute much to the rest of the living world including helping plants to gain nutrients and communicate with each other. There are more species of fungi than any other group of living organisms with an estimated 3.8 million species globally and more than 90% of them are yet to be discovered. The largest organism in the world is a fungus. They provide us with over 350 types of food from truffles to quorn. They are capable of breaking down plastics, creating materials similar to plastic, leather and building materials so there are endless other novel uses of fungi. You even have 200 species of fungi found on your feet!
In this course you will delve into the fascinating world of fungi.
- Module 1 – The Third Natural Kingdom: Fungi
- Module 2 – Fungi Roles
- Module 3 – Mycorrhizal fungi and the Wood Wide Web
- Module 4 – Fungi in Ecological Consultancy and Wildlife Law
- Module 5 – Rewilding and Mycoforestry
- Module 6 – The Role of Fungi in Bioremediation
- Module 7 – How to Identify Fungi
- Module 8 – The Future is Fungi
Booking for another person?
If you are purchasing a course/s on behalf of another person, please follow these steps to ensure they can access their course/s:
- Create a student account using the student’s (whoever will be taking the course) details and contact information or use their existing student account.
- Including the correct billing address and information for the payment method that was used.
- Leave us a note in the ‘additional information’ box to let us know it was purchased with another person’s debit/credit card.
- Make sure to pass on the Username and Password to the student so they can get started on learning. All their course materials will be available on their account.
Booking for multiple people?
If you are purchasing courses on behalf of multiple other people, follow these steps to ensure they can access their course/s:
- Create a student account under your own details and add the correct number of courses for all the students you are purchasing for. (Example: If three people need to take Mammal ID, add it to basket three times).
- Ask each student (person who you have purchased the course for) to create their own student account on our website with their own details.
- Once purchased, contact us directly to let us know the Names, student account Usernames and Email Addresses for each student you have bought for.
- We will contact each of them directly with directions on how to purchase the course free of charge once it has been paid for already.
If you have any problems with this process, please get in touch – [email protected] or 03301653024