Bats are frequently encountered during development projects due to their use of buildings and also because of their use of the wider countryside for foraging, commuting and roosting. This course is aimed at consultants who have to give bat mitigation advice to developers or those wanting to know more about mitigation as part of their training for a bat licence. Taught by a Principal Ecologist who has done over 70 EPSL’s and has 20 years bat experience.
- Understanding when mitigation is required.
- Mitigating for roost loss, including different roost types (e.g. maternity, hibernation etc)
- Mitigating for loss of habitat – e.g. foraging areas or commuting routes
- Species specific mitigation (e.g. for horseshoes, long-eareds, pipistrelles etc)
- Case studies and discussions regarding successful and unsuccessful mitigation
- Useful references
The course will be held on Webinar and details will be sent nearer the time.
The course will commence at 10am and finish at around 4-4.30pm.
Booking for another person?
If you are purchasing a course/s on behalf of another person, please follow these steps to ensure they can access their course/s:
- Create a student account using the student’s (whoever will be taking the course) details and contact information or use their existing student account.
- Including the correct billing address and information for the payment method that was used.
- Leave us a note in the ‘additional information’ box to let us know it was purchased with another person’s debit/credit card.
- Make sure to pass on the Username and Password to the student so they can get started on learning. All their course materials will be available on their account.
Booking for multiple people?
If you are purchasing courses on behalf of multiple other people, follow these steps to ensure they can access their course/s:
- Create a student account under your own details and add the correct number of courses for all the students you are purchasing for. (Example: If three people need to take Mammal ID, add it to basket three times).
- Ask each student (person who you have purchased the course for) to create their own student account on our website with their own details.
- Once purchased, contact us directly to let us know the Names, student account Usernames and Email Addresses for each student you have bought for.
- We will contact each of them directly with directions on how to purchase the course free of charge once it has been paid for already.
If you have any problems with this process, please get in touch – [email protected] or 03301653024